Thursday, July 01, 2010

Walking away

"But one day, you'll wake up surprised and humbled, staring at something you thought for sure was a curse, and has revealed itself to be a blessing, a beautiful delicate blessing."

Thank you all who have reminded me that what I've gone through doesn't have to be a curse. As a friend said, it is time for me to be out of that place rather than to stay there. This is true. The chaotic environment had been weighing on me since early last week. I had trouble eating, sleeping, and generally doing anything productive.

The hardest thing right now is for me to close the door and walk away, knowing that the staff will have to work twice as hard to recover all that I did. But I am closing the door. I am walking away to a trip to Peru, to a trip to Oregon to see Shakespeare with my sister, to a week at Young Life camp, to a week in Idaho, and to a graduate program where I can start doing what I know I was meant to do.

And the blessing right now is extra vacation. Who doesn't want that?

No comments: