It was such a treat to reconnect with friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. We shucked oysters, watched the sunset on a swing, ate gourmet macaroni and cheese and pulled pork in mason jars, danced until we could barely stand and celebrated two people who we love dearly. I don't know the groom as much as the bride, but she has been an incredible friend from the first time we went on an adventure together.

She's someone who has added a lot of spontaneity into my life, which was something many people also shared as we told stories throughout the weekend. She's always up for an adventure, or a dance party, or a serious life conversation. One of my favorite memories with her is the morning she showed up at my house for a birthday road trip to with her car decorated with streamers and party hats and kazoos for everyone. But underneath the fun is also an amazing ability to connect and talk about the hard issues in life.
I am so thankful for her friendship and cannot wait for the next adventure we find.
No comments:
Post a Comment