Saturday, November 05, 2011

A little break.

I haven't written in awhile, well, since starting student teaching. There's been a lot to write about--from rad field trips to the Occupy movements. (Say what you will about the Occupy Movements, but teachers who work with the poor/working class students see effects of the economic injustices in this country on a daily basis. And all this talk of students in the U.S. not performing as well as those in other countries? Remove students in poverty from the equation and U.S. students do quite well. In fact, students in schools with less than 10% of students on free the free or reduced lunch price actually are number 1 in the world. But 1 in 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty. Just sayin'.)

However, after a day of making a million decisions regarding 27 eight to ten year olds, my brain can't do much. It's hard enough to remember where I parked my car, or that I actually rode my bike to work, let alone that I have a blog that I should write for.

I'll come back. I promise. But for now, I'm investing in 27 other people's writing skills. Good news: it's November and they mostly write in complete sentences now and use punctuation and capitalization. It's the small victories that keep me going.

No comments: