My journey through the masters program and teacher credential program would not have been the same without three lovely ladies who have been there through every up and down. One of them is an amazing musician and I had the pleasure of watching her perform with her band this past week. It took me a year and half to see one of her shows and I'm so glad I braved a rainy night to see the show.
She sings and plays a mean violin for the band Fox and Woman. She's definitely the most bad-ass violinist I've ever meet. And her band has soulful, beautiful music complete with a banjo, mandolin, ukulele and cello (and of course a violin). This is how they were described recently--
They write songs walking home from bars. But like those rare and special nights where the whiskey is warming you, the moon is full, the streets are covered in leaves and the company that you are keeping makes you feel loved, alive and full of soul, Fox & Woman is the greatest thing to happen to a night. With rich harmonies, gut aching violin and a power that will knock your sweet socks off, these lovelies are not to be missed.
I heartily agree. Definitely check out their songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment