Normally I hate the word serendipity. Maybe because it reminds me of a bad John Cusack movie. Or because it reminds me of a children's book with a unicorn named Serendipity, and I hate unicorns. Nevertheless, I don't use the word. Except yesterday I had a moment that can only be described as serendipitous.
I walked out of my office and headed down to the train station. But I had some time to kill, so I crossed the street to head into a store. At the street corner, I saw a friend who works in Boston, who was in town for the weekend. She was staying in a hotel just up the street from my office! Crazy. How, in the midst of the millions of people in the city, do I manage to run into a friend who I don't even know is in town, on the one day that I work in the city? I don't know. But I do know that it made me love the city even more.
No comments:
Post a Comment