Friday, February 22, 2008

Choices

As I approach the end of my teaching fellowship, I have tried to remain calm about the changes ahead. But tonight I began to feel overwhelmed with all the choices I am faced with, from the type of job I want to where I want to be living. In a sense, it's like I'm graduating from college all over again, with decisions to be made about what to do next. But when I graduated three years ago, I at least had my location nailed down. Now I am uncertain if I want to stay or move. I have loved living here, but part of me is feeling restless and needing change. My life could go in so many different directions in June and the only thing I've decided for sure is that I want to stay with the non-profit I work for now. Choices are good, but often it means taking a giant leap of faith and trusting that it was the right choice.

No comments: