Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beauty in Broken Glass

I changed the title of my blog. I've been thinking about it for sometime, searching for an image that captured the experiences I was having that were stemming from places of brokenness, and the redemption that followed.

Also, I'm going to be sharing some serious thoughts about injustice. I need a place to share my thoughts, to start conversations, with all the thoughts that are flowing through my head as I go deeper into my graduate program in urban education and social justice.

The image of broken glass is interesting. Most structures made of glass are not meant to be broken--windows, vases, bottles. Once glass is broken, the form it once took will never be the same. It can't be glued to back together to continue its same function. But I believe that beauty can be created out of brokenness, it just looks different than what you imagine most of the time.

No comments: