Thursday, September 04, 2008

My Favorite Books

With all this time on my hands, I've had time to make lots of lists. Today, I made a list of my Top 10 (well, 11) books that have somehow influenced my life. For each book on the list, I could tell you the exact season of my life that I read it in--what plane ride it was on, where I read certain chapters, and who recommended it to me and why. I don't like to read trendy books, and you'll probably notice that some of the books are by famous authors, but aren't their most famous work. Hopefully I'll get around to telling you why I like them, for now here's the list (in no particular order)--
1. My Name is Asher Lev--Chaim Potok
2. Divine Conspiracy--Dallas Willard
3. Through Painted Deserts--Donald Miller
4. Bird by Bird--Anne Lamott
5. The Chosen--Chaim Potok
6. Crossing to Safety--Wallace Stegner
7. Secret Life of Bees--Sue Monk Kidd
8. What's so Amazing About Grace--Philip Yancey
9. Three Cups of Tea--Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
10. The Power of One--Bryce Courtenay
11. Franny and Zooey--J.D. Salinger

1 comment:

Kay Lynn said...

Hey, I just rediscovered your blog AND I rediscovered our shared love for reading! Seriously, college did bad things for me and books. I'm half-starved now. Just finished "The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread" by Don Robertson -- add it to your list! Great read. I'm stealing all of these titles, now... thanks!