I went running tonight for the first time in three and a half years. I still don't think I'm supposed to, but with my Lupus in remission, I took this occasion to see if my body could handle it. And my bike had a giant hole in the back tire thanks to a nail that I rode over on last weeks official "bike to work day".
I forgot how much I love staring down the road, with nothing on my mind but where my feet can take me. I remembered that this was how I survived the newspaper deadlines and AP classes in high school, and the thought of papers, tests and seemingly endless pages of reading in college. Of course I had flash backs to the first day of x-country practice when my whole body ached and my stomach hurt. But it's good to be out on the road again.
No comments:
Post a Comment